After losing their home, WRDA welcomes refugees to a simply furnished new home.
This is made possible by the tax-deductible donations of furniture and household goods to create homes for the new refugee families that arrive each week. Help provide a warm welcome by donating any of the following items listed below. Please consider dropping off your items at our Wheaton office. Pick-ups are available for residences located within a limited radius of this office; pickups outside of this radius may be available depending on need, amount of furniture and number of residences. If you do not have items to donate, you can give your time to help set up a new home for a refugee family.
ITEMS WE TAKE
Due to limited storage space, we have to restrict donations to the most needed basic items. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept sofas longer than 6'6", sleeper sofas, or sectionals. All upholstered furniture must be clean, and free of rips and stains.
- Sofas / Love Seats
- Living Room Chairs / Recliners
- Kitchen Tables and Chairs (we are especially in need of small tables with 2-4 seats)
- Coffee Tables (Due to safety and transportation concerns, we ask that any glass top tables be tempered glass 1/4" or thicker.)
- Side Tables / Night Stands
- Pack-n-Plays (Please check the CPSC for recalls before donating)
- Lamps / Lamp Shades
- Working Vacuum Cleaners (Please clean and provide appropriate bags for your model)
ITEMS WE DO NOT TAKE
- Sleeper or reclining sofas
- Sofas longer than 6'6"
- Entertainment centers
- Large appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- TV's - tube style, or flat screen
- DVD Players
For information on electronic recycling in your area, please select one of these links:
DuPage County Electronic Recycling
Kane County Electronic Recycling
For More Information or To Make a Donation:
Bob Johnson, Donations Coordinator
(630) 462-7566 x1019 | email@example.com