Please join us in praying and praising God for the following:
- Praise God that although some of our programs still had to be cut due to a loss of grants, we are ending the fiscal year in a better financial position than years past.
- Pray for staff to have continued zeal to carry out their responsibilities in reaching this mission of standing for the most vulnerable.
- Pray for a unity within our nation, resettlement services & local communities to care for the refugee/immigrant population.
- Pray for the vehicles to be kept in good running order, with no more expensive repair costs.
- Pray for additional storage space.
2. Church & Volunteer Mobilization
Praise God for the outpouring of volunteers who are anxious to welcome refugees.
Praise God for the number of families who want to befriend families.
Praise God for the several churches who have expressed interest in welcoming refugees.
Pray for God to send a few more churches who are willing to provide household items on a continuing basis.
3. Initial Resettlement
- Pray that God would move in the hearts of landlords across DuPage County to open up their apartments for refugees to live in upon arrival since the availability of current housing is very low.
- Pray for access to medical care for refugee singles and childless couples beyond eight months post-arrival.
- Pray for affordable housing options for families moving to Aurora
- Pray for families who are awaiting the arrival of relatives from overseas.
4. Employment Services
- Pray for car donations to help with transportation solutions for the working refugee community.
- Pray for permanent and sustainable employment for refugees with little-to-no English.
- Pray that we might identify and receive additional funding to help offset the budget cuts we face this next year.
- Pray for clients with physical limitations to secure employment.
- Pray for clients to secure permanent jobs, not temporary jobs.
- Pray for clients to secure employment that offers benefits, especially medical coverage.
5. Youth Services
- Pray for refugee youth as they enter this new school year.
- Pray for the large number of high school age, refugee youth who moved to Aurora this past summer.
- Praise God that the the clubs, adjustment groups and academic programs in Aurora are up and running.
- Praise God for the volunteers who help run all of our after school programs!
6. Immigrant Legal Services
- Praise for the new immigration policy of Deferred Action, and prayer that God would give staff wisdom in helping eligible immigrants for this new benefit.
- Pray for a potential new source of funding – that God would grant us favor in the selection process.
- Pray for the employment of a Spanish-speaking ILS intern.
- Pray for successful Deferred Action for Young People workshops.
7. Education Services
- Pray for funding for gateway classes.
Praise God for the opportunity to offer Citizenship Education through a grant from USCIS. Pray for all the planning and preparation that needs to be done to launch these classes in Wheaton in January 2013 and in Aurora in February 2013.
Praise God for all of the volunteers who faithfully help in these programs and allow us to serve more students than we would otherwise be able to.
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of Him.” – 1 John 5:14