Works with adult refugees to help secure full-time work, provide training and develop resources so that refugees can achieve stability and move toward meaningful vocations
Job Developing builds long-term relationships with local employers that result in job matching at zero cost to the employer or the refugee.
If you are an employer looking to hire, click here
Transportation Services ensures job retention by providing a shuttle program, permit test preparation classes with an over 75% success rate, a driving school partnership and car donations.
If you’re interested in donating your car, click here
- Early Employment aims to place refugees at jobs within two months after arrival. Support is provided during job searches as well as for the application and interview processes.
- Assessments provide a review of skills, education, and work backgrounds to determine a tailored service plan.
- Job Referrals and Placement allow World Relief’s Employment Specialists to connect work-ready refugees and local employers in a mutually-beneficial relationship.
- Pre- and Post-Employment Counseling ensures successful job retention by addressing any job-related problems and concerns.
- Job Upgrades are available for those who have successfully worked in their current job for at least six months. Assistance includes updated resumes, referral letters, job counsel and research skill development.
In all of this, we seek to increasingly engage the local church, empowering both churches and volunteers to have an integral role in coming alongside refugees and assisting them with employment, higher education, transportation, and savings.
Want to Learn More?
Rachel Greene, Interim Employment Services Manager
(630) 462-7566 x1024 | email@example.com