Help us to continue to serve the vulnerable
On January 27th, an executive order was signed that placed a four month moratorium on the arrival of new refugees to the United States. During this time, WRDA will lose critical funding for its work serving refugees in partnership with local volunteers and churches. By giving now, you can help ensure that we can continue to serve refugees who are already here in our community and maintain the core of our ministry so that we can immediately begin welcoming new refugees once the moratorium is lifted.
Persecution. Oppression. Slavery. Torture. War.
Horrible realities like these force families from all over the world to flee their homes and become our new neighbors. Some come as refugees from countries like Bhutan, Burma, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria. Others come as immigrants from Central America, Europe, and Asia. One thing unites them all – the need for a helping hand as they rebuild their lives. There are many ways that you can donate to WRDA and help these refugee and immigrant families thrive in our communities:
- Individual Gifts – Make a difference in a refugee or immigrant’s life today by clicking the button above to donate online or by mailing a check to 1825 College Ave, Suite 230, Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Monthly Giving – Support refugee and immigrant families throughout the year by becoming one of valued WRDA’s monthly givers. Click on the button above and select the “recurring gift” option, or contact Tim Kustusch or 630-580-5083 to set up a monthly gift transfer directly from your bank account.
- Planned Giving – Serve refugee and immigrant families that will arrive in years to come by including WRDA in your will or trust. To find out more about legacy giving, donating from your IRA, or offering a gift annuity, contact Bill Janus at BJanus@wr.org or 847-910-1112.
- Stock Gifts – Click here to learn how to turn your stocks into life-changing resources for immigrant families. You can also contact Bill Janus at 847-910-1112 to find out more about donating your non-cash assets.
- Furniture Donations – our gently used couches, dressers, and other furniture ensure that every refugee family arrives to welcoming apartment! Click here for details on furniture donations.
- Vehicle Donations – Repurpose your used vehicle by donating to a refugee family to help them navigate the community and get to work! Click here for details on vehicle donations.
Thank you for your support of WRDA as together we Stand/for the Vulnerable.
Trying to make a last minute donation before the end of 2016? You can wire transfer funds to WRDA through our main office in Baltimore. Here are the details you need to wire your support. Contact Bill Janus at (847) 910-1112 with any questions.
Name: World Relief Corporation
Account #: 0005155638747
ABA #: 055003308 (use for US transfers)
SWIFT Code: BRBTU533 (use for international transfers)
Please include your name, address, and gift designation ("WRDA") with the wire.