World Relief is committed to reforming American immigration policies to make them consistent with Scripture’s call to welcome the stranger. Specifically, we believe that reform is needed to speed processing of family-based immigration, create responsive avenues for immigrants to work in the US, provide a pathway to legal status for undocumented immigrants, and protect the border humanely.
What Can You Do?
- Pray4Reform-Please consider gathering a small group of friends or colleagues to come together to pray for immigrants and our legislators. As you do so, please sign up at www.pray4reform.org and tell us about your event! The attached prayer guide provides Scripture readings and specific prayer points for your time together.
- Call Your Member of Congress- Dial this number 866-877-5552 and get connected to your Senator! Save the number to your phone, and share the number with your friends. Members of Congress continue to say the calls into their offices are overwhelmingly against immigration reform, let’s try to change that!
- Email and Write Letters- Go to our website www.worldrelief.org/advocate and contact your Member of Congress directly. Email your Senator and Representative, and use the template letter to draft and mail in your own letter by fax or snail mail!
- Sign up for Updates- By texting “Immigration” to 877877, you will receive updates on the bill and specific points of action.
Are you looking for more information on the immigration debate from a Christian perspective?
Welcoming the Stranger: Justice, Compassion, & Truth in the Immigration Debate is co-authored by World Relief Staff, Matthew Soerens and Jenny Hwang
- Purchase a copy at InterVarsity Press, ChristianBook.com, or Amazon.com
- Find more information at www.WelcomingTheStranger.com
- Become a fan of the book on Facebook
- Stop by World Relief DuPage or World Relief Aurora to purchase a copy
For more Information: